Monday, August 28, 2006

Better Days

Wow, another month has gone by since I last posted. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the sympathetic comments. Things have actually improved a little bit financially, and that has prompted an upturn in my mood, as well!

For one thing, I have started a new job. An entirely different job. Which is probably the last thing I will ever post about this, out of fear of being outed one day and having some random negative remark have huge repercussions for me. Ugh! Not that I have anything negative to say. So far I love this job! I feel like I am good at it, and utilizing some of my strengths that never saw the light of day in my last position. So now I have a job which is probably the best match for me that I have ever had and I am making a little bit more money. Yay!

Then, this week, we received an unexpected gift from a distant relative of $2000.00. I know it's not a lot, in terms of buying medical treatment, but to have our savings instantly doubled . . . This was a pure gift, unexpected, unmerited. It has inspired in me a great deal of hope. Hope is something I have been lacking lately, so to feel it rush in like this . . . I am at a loss for words. I am grateful. Grateful and hopeful.

Finally, on the money front Al and I have agreed that I am going to turn over all my worries to him. This probably sounds ridiculously 1950s and sexist and like a really, really bad idea. But it isn't! I am the money person in our little family. I pay the bills, create the budget, monitor the accounts, choose the investments for our (technically his) 401K (yeah, I don't have one so maybe that is a little bit of a bad sign, but I digress). I am not relinquishing any of that. It's just that as far as I can see the best way forward toward having a baby is for one of us to make more money. And for the sake of my sanity, we have agreed that will be him. I don't have the energy to worry about getting pregnant and worry about getting a new job at the same time. So he has agreed to be the one. To put all his energies into finding a better job and making more money. He has already had a couple of appointments with a career counselor at his alma mater and is beginning to do some networking.

So, things are looking up. My annual gyn visit is tomorrow. Since I have decided to bypass the clomid she is offering entirely, I have no idea how that appointment will go.

No comments: