Monday, May 08, 2006

am I crazy?

So . . . I haven't posted in awhile. I blame my husband. It's just that I haven't shared this blog with him and therefore I can not post when he is around. Lately, I have not had much time to myself. His company has been through some structural changes recently and one of the results is that they changed his position from salaried to hourly and forbad him to work any overtime. Combine that with the fact that I have a much longer commute than he does and suddenly I never have any alone time at home. This was not entirely (or even mostly) a bad thing, but it sure did cut into the blogging. I am still reading other blogs obsessively, with Al looking over my shoulder. He is being drawn in.

Now things may be changing again. He will be working some nights, and more weekends than ever before. It sucks, let me tell you. I do not want this much alone time. I am gently encouraging him to look for a new job.

Interesting things are brewing on the job front for me as well. I can scarcely imagine how this has happened but I have been offered another new, better position with my company. I am probably going to accept it, only because I feel it will be a better platform from which to jump to whatever I decide to do next. Assuming that I ever figure that out.

So, that's what is going on with me. I will try to be a better blogger in future.

1 comment:

Thalia said...

Glad to hear that you're still alive Elizabeth! Annoying news about your husband's job, it sounds like they are messing him around. HOping that your assistant job turns out not to be a completely insane move...