Tuesday, May 16, 2006

blah

I had a wonderful weekend. It involved travel, family, a graduation, gorgeous weather, the dreaded Mother's day (wasn't as bad as it might have been), and not nearly enough sleep.

Yet this week I have felt so very blah (for lack of a better word). That familiar treading-water feeling I have all too often. Al and I are happy together; we have a good life. Pick any random day and look at it on its own, and the odds are that it was a good day. But step back and look at the big picture. We are not moving forward at all. We have done nothing toward choosing an RE. Neither of us is pursuing a better job the way we should. We can't even make up our minds whether we want to stay in our current town or move to another state to be closer to family. We are just existing. Just thinking about it makes me tired.

1 comment:

Thalia said...

Do you have any sense of what's blocking you from making those decisions? I hope you find that impetus from somewhere soon, it must be frustrating to feel stuck.