Tuesday, October 18, 2005

well, this is weird . . .

So, Friday I got a lead on a possible job. Still haven't heard back about it though.

Today, a friend of mine at work turned in her 2 week notice. She has been frustrated by the same things I dislike about my job. She found another, better (she hopes) job and she is out. Not an hour passed before our boss offered me my friend's newly vacated job (she didn't specify whose job it was or why there was an opening so I didn't let on that I knew all about it already). I told her I needed to think about it. I have been trying to do just that, but still don't know what to tell her tomorrow.

First, the good: the pay is better; the position elicits slightly more respect than my current one (slightly, and obviously it wasn't enough to make a difference to my friend); if the job I heard about last Friday doesn't pan out this might be a better platform to leap from as I search for a new job/career.

Now, the bad: the pay is better, but not really that much better; I would be leaving my current projects (in which I am quite invested) and I don't know if it's worth doing that for a job that is only marginally better than my current one; I have qualms about taking this position without intending to stay through the end of the year.

See previous post re: I have trouble making decisions!!!

(By the way, we did manage to get the taxes off today. I can't say it was anything less than horribly stressful, and we were racing to get to the post office before it closed, but it is done. Finally.)

No comments: