Wednesday, October 19, 2005

more job stuff

This post may not be extremely coherent because I am half asleep as I write this.

I managed to get a bit more information about the possible job, although not an official offer. We have set up a meeting for Monday. She seems very enthusiastic about it. Everything seems very positive and like this is probably the way to go. Yet no definite offer.

My friend at current job who recently quit spent the morning buttering me up to take her job (which I have officially been offered). In a way, I find it extremely annoying. She knows that I am unhappy about certain things here which will not be altered by this new position. We have mostly bonded over things we don't like about our jobs and talking about how we need to find better ones. Now she gets to leave but not me? On the other hand I find it completely understandable. I would love to be able to hand pick my replacement as well. I get it.

I spent the day avoiding my boss. I won't be able to do it again tomorrow. I suppose all I can tell her is that I can't give her a definite answer and I understand if she feels like she needs to pursue other candidates for the job. I hate to pass it up, though, when the other job is still merely hypothetical. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and all that. Gah. I must be exhausted to use such a tired cliche. And now puns. I am going to bed immediately!

No comments: