Monday, February 13, 2006

Surely I can't be the only one

who enjoys figure skating (guilty pleasure) but finds the commentary incredibly annoying? I would just turn the volume off, but then I would miss the music!

I am wishing you all a happy Valentine's Day tomorrow. It has always been one of my favorite holidays. I don't know why, but it was a major event in my family growing up. We always had a special breakfast and exchanged Valentine cards & gifts before school (or work, for my parents). The whole house was decked out in pink and red for weeks beforehand. Maybe it was just a way of avoiding the after-Christmas doldrums? Anyway, Al and I have a special bottle of champagne set aside, so the romantic aspect of the holiday will not be neglected. (Because, of course, champagne = romance. For me, at least. I love champagne!)

No comments: