Wednesday, December 14, 2005

cycle pondering

I have been bb temping and wondering if I would ovulate again this cycle. Initially I was quite optimistic, as my temps remained remarkably steady and low instead of all over the place as mine often are (they varied by exactly one tenth of a degree down and back up again). Then, just when I thought, "If I were a perfectly normal person I would have fertile quality cervical mucus right about now," I started spotting. Now, I know it could be ovulatory spotting. And I know that it can't be an actual period (starting 15 days after the first day of real menstrual bleeding? and with no ovulation in between? nope.). But that was three days ago (today being the fourth day), and the bleeding has been light but steady and bright red. Not that I'm an expert, but it just seems like too much blood to be a little ovulatory spotting. Yesterday I had given up hope that I would have a second ovulatory cycle and assumed I had gone back to my usual long, wonky, bloody, non-ovulating self. But this morning I had a temperature spike! So hope springs eternal. And yes, I am sick, but I have not yet registered a fever. In fact, every time I have taken my temperature today it has been below normal (98.6), so I don't think my high bbt this morning was reflective of a fever. But I don't know what to think. The spotting continues apace, and if I have enough progesterone to raise my bbt then shouldn't I have enough progesterone to dry up any blood loss? I truly do not know what to think. I suppose I will have to wait and see what the thermometer brings tomorrow.

No comments: