Wednesday, October 05, 2005

sick days

Al recovered from his cold but mine evolved into tonsillitis. My regular doctor has referred me to an ENT to discuss having my tonsils removed. I am not excited by the idea of surgery, but I am a little excited about possibly putting an end to my recurring bouts with tonsillitis / strep.

I have not been to work since last Thursday. I have spent the last few days alternating between mad, productive efforts at organizing my home office and storage closet and lying around watching tv with absolutely no energy at all.

With all this time to think, I have decided that I may be depressed. I never have very much energy (even when I am not sick), and I have trouble following through with any of the plans I make because I never have much hope they will actually succeed. I know that depression is fairly common among people who are having trouble conceiving, but I never really thought about all this as it relates to me, personally. I think I should talk to my doctor about this the next time I go in.

No comments: