Monday, February 19, 2007

back in the saddle again

Today is cd 7. I took my last dose of clomid last night. I want this to work. I want 100 mg to be the magic dose. I wish there was something else I could do now, besides waiting, something to actively make this cycle work. Maybe I'll try my "yoga for fertility" dvd again. I bought it a year or so ago, and it obviously didn't help me ovulate, but maybe it's worth another try. Last cycle I was also trying to eat much more healthfully. I cut out caffeine and artificial sweeteners, cut way back on sweets, and we switched to organic dairy (I don't eat meat, but I have tried to convince A. to switch to organic when he eats it). I don't know if it makes a difference. I didn't feel any different, other than slightly more virtuous. Unfortunately, when my period showed up I self-medicated my despair with tons of chocolate and diet coke, and now I am finding those cravings hard to shake again.

I have some more thoughts on hope, but at the moment I am late for work. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It is like reading my own story. I am comforted by the fact that I'm not alone in my frustrations with conception. My husband have been trying for 18 months and are on the 2nd month of 100mg clomid. Apparantly I ovulated in Jan. but didn't get pregnant even though we had intercourse at all the right times without doing it too many time. I'm on day 28 waiting and waiting. I have 32 day cycle so there is nothing to jump for joy about just yet. I came across your blog trying to figure out why two other wise perfectly normal and healthy individuals can't conceive even though I'm ovulating. It doesn't make sense and I often feel like I'm being punished for something. It is a stupid feeling but without any other explaination, I don't know what to think any more. I am going to look into doing IUI in March. I'm so tired of waiting. It is making me depressed. I was crying right there with you in Jan. and I expect that in a couple of days I'll be experiencing deja vu. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I'm wrong and Feb. was a totally fertile month. I wish you all the luck too.